Two Chatham Center
112 Washington Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Rick is a founding member of Dell, Moser, Lane & Loughney, LLC and chairs the firm's workers' compensation litigation group.
Rick's practice concentrates on the representation of national corporations, insurance carriers and employers in workers' compensation litigation throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He represents numerous major corporations, insurance carriers, privately held companies and sole practitioners before the Workers' Compensation Judges, Workers' Compensation Appeal Board and Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. His practice is concentrated in workers' compensation after having spent the first part of his legal career also practicing civil defense litigation.
Rick is an active member of the Workers' Compensation Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Allegheny County Bar Association and Pennsylvania Self-Insurers' Association. A frequent lecturer to employers and workers' compensation insurance carriers on workers' compensation issues, he is co-author of "Work Availability After Kachinski" and "Act 57: The Ramifications of Pennsylvania's New Workers' Compensation Laws."
Rick's insights with regard to workers' compensation issues, as well as his extensive working knowledge of the medical aspects involved in litigating workers' compensation claims, have assisted his clients in the successful prosecution and defense of claims made by employees under the provisions of the Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Act.
- Pennsylvania, 1981
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1984
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA 1981
- B.A., St. Vincent College, Latrobe, PA, 1978, Cum Laude
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Section
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Self-Insurers' Association
- CLM - Claim and Litigation Management Alliance