Two Chatham Center
112 Washington Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
George is a member of Dell, Moser, Lane & Loughney, LLC, in the firm's Workers' Compensation Litigation Group.
George attended Denison University and graduated cum laude in 1996 with a double major in Political Science and Economics. He is also a 1999 graduate of the Duquesne University School of Law.
George represents clients ranging from small employers to large corporations. His practice concentrates on defending national corporations, insurance carriers and employers in workers' compensation litigation in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of West Virginia. He has represented numerous local hospitals, national retail stores, construction companies and self-insured employers before Workers' Compensation Judges, the Workers' Compensation Appeal Board and the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. In 2005, George was recognized as one of the top young lawyers in Pennsylvania. The Philadelphia Magazine included him in a list of "Rising Stars" of "Super Lawyers" practicing within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In 2014, George became certified as a specialist in the practice of workers' compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association Section on Workers' Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
Professional Associations & Seminars:
George is an active member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, Pennsylvania Self-Insurers’ Association, the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), and has been an elected council member of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association since 2016. He has presented numerous lectures and seminars to employers, corporate risk management departments and insurance carriers including panel discussions at seminars sponsored by the PA Department of Labor and Industry, National Business Institute and the Westmoreland Human Resources Association.
- Pennsylvania, 1999
- West Virginia, 2013
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1999
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law
Pittsburgh, PA, 1999
- B.A., Denison University
Granville, OH, 1996
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Self-Insurers' Association
- CLM - Claims & Litigation Management
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
(Ohio Mu Chapter)
Lectures & Seminars:
- National Business Institute (NBI) - Southpointe, PA, 2014 "Employee Leave Law from A to Z"
- 12th Annual PA Department of Labor and Industry Bureau of Workers' Compensation Conference - Hershey, PA, 2013 "Basics of Litigation: Petitions, Judges' Decisions, WCAB & Appellate Courts"
- National Business Institute (NBI) - Southpointe, PA, 2010 "Litigation Techniques for the Difficult Workers' Compensation Case"
- Westmoreland Human Resources Association (WHRA) - Seton Hill University, 2007 "Reporting and Compliance Rules for Employers Under the PA Workers' Compensation Act"
- Litigation Management Magazine (CLM) - Spring 2012 "Identifying Fraud in Workers' Compensation"
- Litigation Management Magazine (CLM) - Summer 2012 "Fighting Workers' Compensation Fraud"