Two Chatham Center
112 Washington Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Mark Lane is a member of the firm's Civil Litigation practice. He represents industry and individuals in defending claims of personal injury, property damage and relative to business disputes. Mark also represents small and large construction, manufacturing and engineering companies in construction related litigation, as well as municipalities in public sector liability cases. He represents oil and gas companies in litigation concerned with both bodily injury and property damage claims. He also provides counsel and litigation services to insurance companies in relation to insurance coverage issues. Mark has tried cases throughout Western Pennsylvania and in Northern West Virginia, and in both state and federal court.
A graduate of Franklin and Marshall College and the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Mark practices personal injury, property damage, insurance, product liability and tort litigation. Mark is admitted to practice law in both Pennsylvania and West Virginia, and represents clients throughout the northern half of West Virginia and all of Western Pennsylvania, from the West Virginia border to Erie, and from Harrisburg to the Ohio border. Mark has presented lectures regarding various insurance and tort issues including insurance bad faith, product liability and premises liability.
Mark is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association and the Defense Research Institute (DRI).
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- West Virginia, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law
Pittsburgh, PA, 1991
- B.A., Franklin & Marshall College
Lancaster, PA, 1988
Honors & Awards:
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers 2004, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- President, Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity, Alpha Tau Chapter, 1987-1988
Professional Associations & Membership:
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- West Virginia Defense Trial Lawyers Association